General Summary: Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s services, personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers. The core functions being:
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential. Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, public relations, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
REPORTING: Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Highly assertive
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar capacity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal communication)
- Resourceful, Intelligent and with good problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and works with minimal supervision
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and disseminate factual and accurate Information
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- A higher diploma / degree in Business Management / Administration or related field
- Knowledge of how IT Systems work is desired
- Previous work experience in the ICT sector is an added advantage
Interested candidates to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.